great New Year start

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Jan 1, 2010.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well my New Year PB, another 30+. I'm on a roll. We just pulled into a spot we had drifted earlier and throwed an anchor out. Throwed all the rods out and Seth messed up and turned to walk toward his friend. I was bending down and looked up, rod down, Seth wasn't looking, i ran across the boat, grabed the rod, Seth looked, i told him it was hung up:smile2: He believed me and by the time he seen i wasn't, it was to late:crazy:
    It was tuff today but we managed 4 fish. Didn't even have a net on the boat. Seth learned how to noodle today:smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    sounds like yall had a blast congrats to ya

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE fish, Dean!!

Bill in SC

4. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    nice fish for the new year!

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    nice fish !! good job on the deception:wink:

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    nice job thanks for the report

7. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report! Cool picture of the sun.

8. Pennspin

Pennspin New Member

State:
    Alexander City Al.
    Nice fish and great picture of the sun.:big_smile:

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I always like to get the sunset, this time it just had a unusuall color so i had to get it:big_smile:

10. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    good job Dean, nice pics

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks guys, it was fun and unless i get to go again before Friday, i won't get to reel one in for a few weeks. Seth seems excited about being in control for the next few weeks and i'm also intersted on seein how much he's learned. Right now he's confused on about our scales. One set says the fish weighs 34lb the other says 26lb and when he tests both on a 10lb bag of potatos the one that says 34lb is right on and the one that says 26lbs is only 2lbs off saying 8lbs, so right now he's still scratching his head. I told him we would just go with the one that says 34lbs till he gets it all figured out. Ya guys just keep me in your prayers cause i really ain't looking forward to the total shoulder replacement. They did my left but didn't have to replace the socket, on the right it seems they going to make me BIONIC:big_smile: If any of you have one of them electric reels, bring it to Wateree on tournament day

12. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Dean,
    I will be praying for you during this time. I go tomorrow to see about my shoulder and to another doc about the prostate problems. Sounds like a pain in the butt day to me.

God Bless All,
    Steve

13. Great report and pics for the new year bud. I wish you well in your upcoming surgery.:big_smile:

You made out better than I did New Years Day.:embarassed:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1786484&postcount=357

14. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    great job dean nice fish

15. fbinsley

fbinsley New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I always look for your posts and whether you know it or not, youve helped me out around the congaree and in lake marion..We will definetly keep you in our thoughts during your downtime!!

16. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I try to help others when i can. Even though i have fished many yrs and most all have been for catfish, its still a learning experence. I think Team Fat Cat said it best, he said, " when you think you know it all and through learning, then you are probably through" (i may have added a little to it cause it was always my saying at anything) I know some on here may send you off on a wild goose chase before tournament time.(jk) I always try to be truthfull ( I may not tell the bait choose all the time but if i do tell it, you can bet, its what i caught them on) If there is anyway i can help in the future just let me know, and who knows, maybe we can hook up and go fishn one day. Anyone on this site is more than welcome to fish with me anyday. If i have not made plans, we can make plans. Only things i ask is, help on cost, no drinking, watch the language and have fun. Sometimes we catch a lot of big'uns and sometime we catch a lot of small'uns and sometimes we don't catch much of anything, but i'm always learning. The fun of fishn with others is not only puting them on a big fish at times but you can also learn from them. Seth is just a kid from the mountains, fishn streams for trout and i have learned from him. This kid is unreal in his tolrance for the cold and his love for catfishn. At first i teased him about how he grabed rods but now he is starting to get a guides heart, he will hook a big fish and look over and ask, "you want him" I'll smile and say, "Naw, you get this one, i'll get the next. Tight lines guys