Great morning fishing!!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by jlingle, Jul 1, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Me and one of my buddies hit the local lake today. We fished Lake Altus in SW Oklahoma. We went up to the river first and caught shad, then we went to a rocky point by the dam on the south end of the lake. We caught 15 or 20 hybrids and a few walleye. The hybrids were all in the 2-5 pound range. I had 2 poles set out with big shad, in the 6-8" range, and had one really good run on one of those but missed the fish.:embarassed: Anyhow, we pitched all the fish back into the lake, but had a terrific time out on the bank.

BTW, believe it or not, we were by ourselves out there on the lake for several hours this morning, until a group of guys showed up right as we were leaving.

Jerrod

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats what makes all the effort worth while dont it?.....im hopin to do somethin similar tmw actually...best of luck to you in the future

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

can't beat a good day of fishing.

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Sounds like a good fishing trip. It is always nice when you have something to show for your time.

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    what rigs do you use for walleye? Just curious?

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catch.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jerrod that sure sounds like a great day of fishing. Congrats on the catches.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sounds like a great day.. Don't you just love having the lake to yourself sometimes heh...

9. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thats all that counts, Having a good tim fishing. The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day at work.

:0a23:

10. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Nearly 30 years ago I was visiting a friend that was in the Air Force, and he took me fishing below the dam at Altus. We didn't catch much, but I saw some huge huge gar!!! Does anyone ever try to catch those monsters there? We also went to Quartz Mountain......but compared to the mountains here at home, it really isn't much more than a small hill!!