Great Miami River??

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Flatstalker, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Flatstalker

Flatstalker New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Wondering if Anyone on here fishes the great miami river for BIG cats??
    Im located in hamilton county ohio,I usually fish butler and hamilton county waters of the river.If anyone on here fishes it I would like to hear from you!Thanks

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    yes my pb catfish was a 30lb flathead 2005 largest fish this year out of the gmr was a 21lb carp good fishing in the gmr i usually fish dayton to middletown myself mainly around dayton to franklin

3. Flatstalker

Flatstalker New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Nice to know someone on hear fishes it!!Iv seen some nice flats comin round these last few weeks.Me and a buddy went one night last week and put around 130lbs of flat head on the bank 6 or7 fish total the largest bein right at 40lb.What baits have you been usin at night?Me myself there hittin on live gold fish or cut shad seems to be the thing.No luck at all so far with larger live or dead bluegill.Iv taken a couple on smaller(2-4 inch) bluegill.

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    bluegill creek chub or goldfish for shovelheads liver hot dogs or night crawlers for channels Rick

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    lots of GMR fishers on the site. Welcome to the boc this site is full of good info and great people

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yeah,welcome to the boc

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    The fish I'm holding in my avatar is one of many fish I caught on the GMR. I grew up in Hamilton county, before moving to Northern Ky. 3 years ago.

8. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I have fished it quite a bit the last few years after graduating from park ponds and my PB was 31 pounds last year around this time and have 22.5 so far this year last week among other 5-10 pounders.

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i fish the gmr dayton to franklin mostly usually get channels, carp flatheads suckers and largemouth and smallmouth bass with bluegills and saueye in the mix rick. all my personal best was out of the gmr 30lb shovelhead, 14lb channel catfish, 21lb carp this year and 3lb smallmouth plus a 13lb leatherback turtle and 10lb snapper plus several softshells very good fishing in that river rick:smile2:

10. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome and I fish the GMR in Hamilton 2 or 3 times a week. I have caught a lot of channels and several nice flat heads. I fish below the new dam in Hamilton and nice fish are being caught there.

11. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC..........olj