Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by prostreetS10, Aug 24, 2007.

1. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was wondering if anyone was gonna be fishing the great miami this weekend.
    I would like to get together with some new people and fish some new spots. hopefully we can get into some big fish the weekend

2. FDR

FDR Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
    i will most likely hit the GMR on sat off E Miami River Rd a place that was called dravo

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Brian Me and a freind i work with hit Dravo Or whatever the new name they gave it thursday morning when we got off work.We didnt catch no monsters but we got into some fish.we caught five eater size channels one Shovelhead went around 4 pounds 2 drum and 2 turtles all in about 2 and a half hours.Good Luck.

4. FDR

FDR Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
    yeah i know what you mean ed i fish there once a week there still some big one there form time to time just really no good fishing spots left around there but still fish there alot .i used to fished up there in ross alot but got to shallow and down in cleve's but you got to get there early

5. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    I fished it last night. Up in Tipp city area. Had no luck . But the trip was fun.

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i think im gonna go to a spot in cleves under the bridge next to gravelrama. hopefully the spots are not taken. What kinds of baits have been hittin for you guys.

7. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Josh weve been fishing with cut shad,like I said we havent been catching Monsters but the cut shad was keeping our rods busy.

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea, for the past few weeks we have had our best luck on cut bait mostly bluegill. i will have to try some shad tonight

9. shovelheadslayer

shovelheadslayer New Member

State:
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Ed where do you catch your shad at. when is the best time

10. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nick a freind I work with caught them last week on tanners creek where there is a warm water spillway.He caught them around 8 or 9 in the morning.

11. shovelheadslayer

shovelheadslayer New Member

State:
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Thanks Ed I know where that is, I will have to go out and catch some for this weekend. Do you try and keep your shad alive until you use them.

12. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i fhsed the mouth of the Great Miami the other night and caught a lot of little blues. no big ones, but a lot. I was useing baby shad and skipjack. I moved down to tanners creek in Indiana and fished out from the power plant and got into some bigger fish. The cats seem to be hitting skipjack right now a lot better than anything else i have been useing. My bigger fish seem to like bluegill right now as well

13. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i usally go to a place thts rite before the hamilton boat ramp theres a lil pull off i usally catch at least 5 shovels head a nite there. nothing rly big tho the biggest has been a 20lb.