Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dogcat, May 13, 2007.

1. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Thursday March 10 met up with fellow brother Mark Boy and caught about 15 gills with a few easy casts of the cast net at a local park pond before my dental appointment and my lovely girlfriend's children's appointments at the doctor and Matthew's first play. We hooked up at about 8 PM. Yes fishing is an addiction but I think I have my priorities straight. Mark got a 3 lbish first I caught a 6 lbish next, my first "wild " flathead in I don't know...hmmm maybe 10-15 years and then Mark landed Joe Mama. Sorry the pictures blurry, lousy camera great fellowship and my second meteor of the year crossed the Big Dipper as icing on the cake.
    Gas 3.19 a gallon.
    Time spent gather bait 20 minutes
    That night and the love and understanding of Cathy, my girlfriend...
    Priceless.

Attached Files:

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Nice fish. Looks like you had alot of fun.

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    just a heads up,cast netting bluegills in Ohio is Illegal and carrys a heavy fine

4. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Thanks for the heads up...went back out with G/F and kids Sunday and can clean up with hook and line in no time at all. Shannon got a snapping turtle...how cool is that?

5. Silverwmark

Silverwmark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Many thanks to Scott for crawling his agile butt down that bank while the old man reeled in the big one. Even tho the pic is dim, it is a better one than I got. (Which would be none.) I caught about a dozen more BG and went again Saturday night (It is an illness) and caught a 15lb and a 14lb. Healthy, good lookin' fish. Always CPR/release.
    Mark