Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by beetle, Apr 24, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I tried a new spot on the GMR just south of Hamilton Saturday for a few hours. I caught and released one 5lb Flathead on a fresh shiner head. That was the only bite. It did pull the clicker a bit so that got the heart pump'n. I then went and tried a spot a Rentschler park. I had [1] run and missed it...and got snagged a few times. I used live shiner, bluegill and bass. I also used them as cut bait. Still had a great day out. Found a few more spots to try later down the road.

2. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i usually fish behind columbia lanes or combs park or at the damn sometimes those spots looked more packed than a pay lake

3. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Good to hear they're moving now. Water temp is coming up nicely by the Middletown gage. My son caught a small flat at the Knightsbridge dam on a twister jig last evening, and the carp are rolling everywhere. I really wanted to get out but was stuck in the hospital - got food poisoned last Friday. Didn't know one person could dump and puke simultaneously for 3 days straight! Got dehydrated and electrolytes out of whack. Back home today feeling quite a bit better. This rain will kick the GMR up just a bit. Got some frozen shads and gills, maybe I'll get out over the weekend. PM me and we'll cook up a trip.

Dennis

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    It won't be much longer. Nice to hear they have started.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the catch, can't wait till they heat up.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Me and Dinkbuster fished around Middletown today from shore and took 5 channels and I got my first flattie a whopper of about 3 lbs ,:crazy: all on fresh shad, Dink broke off a nice fish on a HUGE shad head....:angry: :crazy: :sad2:
    Good news is we are seeing the flatties now so Ill expect some great reports in the next couple of weeks from all you guys!

Salmonid