Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kenczar, Oct 15, 2006.

1. kenczar

kenczar New Member

State:
    Middletown, Ohio
    I have fished the GMR in the west carollton area 3 to 4 times....When is the best time to fish for some nice Cats....Morning?....afternoon?.....evening?....or latenite?.....:0a28:

2. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i fish the gmr down near hamilton and it just depends on flow and depth of the water i have fished all times of the day and really no pattern of when they bite

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I agree with Dellis, I have had my best luck in the last 2 months in the 7-11 :00 am time frame when the water was up and muddy. I havent been out in the last two weeks though so I cant help you there but the WC area can certainly be hit or miss. Are you fishing around the old dam, under the new dam? or where. That might help us answer why your not doing any good. I might add that were at the time when fish will be scattered in a pre- winter mode so I imagine there really isnt any pattern right now but the chance of getting 1 here, 1 there, I would certainly look for some deeper structures to fish with moving water. WC area fish seem to have a preference for "Fresh" shad and dont like them frozen. This is my opinion for what its worth but I think others will agree with the fresh vs frozen shad theory.

Salmonid

4. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio

the fish do seem to have a preference the fresh caught shad seem to do better than the frozen ones.also live and cut suckers work well also.