Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RMXmitch, Aug 15, 2005.

1. RMXmitch

RMXmitch New Member

State:
    x
    Has anyone been hitting or having any luck in the GMR lately? I have been mostly fishing for carp since the heat is killing the cat bite. Seems that the carp are biting real well. We have caught many carp over 5 lbs, using corn for bait.

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    since the heat has gotten worse i have mainly sticked to wading the creeks and hiting some canals around my area done pretty decent in the canals know a place at smith park here in middletown where there are nice flats and nice channels. but u cant eat them and some pretty nice carp as well. but mainly ive been hitting the creeks like i said its give me chance to exercise lol and also gives me a good idea where to gt some good bait. mainly all u catch is bait fish when creek fishing unless i take some spinners then i usually land some nice small mouths and some decent warmouths

3. rookie

rookie New Member

State:
    Mt. Healthy, Ohio
    hey Mitch two weeks ago a buddy of mine pulled in a monster. The scale broke at 42#. We were under the bridge in Ross. After he caught it the Whoke river shut down.

4. Hardware

Hardware New Member

State:
    Liberty Township Ohio
    Got to catch up with some of you in Middletown area. We live down in Monroe area and never have any luck on the river.

5. Catman_Chuck

Catman_Chuck New Member

State:
    Catchin some nice channels over 8 lbs here as of lately. 1 10# shovel but thats about it. Nothing really on live bait. Catalpa and leaches. and a few on dead sucker chubs

6. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    hey im thinking of hitting up a lake tommrow night anyone interested drop me a pm and maybe if my plans go through we can toss some lines in the water

7. 1 at a time

1 at a time New Member

Catman chuck where are you catching these fish at?

8. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have had a great summer on the gmr just have to fish out further and deeper