Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by The Joker, Jul 18, 2006.

1. The Joker

The Joker New Member

State:
    ohio
    the west carloton gmr is flooded at least the last time i saw three days ago

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Joker, here is a good Link to the GMR at Miamisburg but it shows the river about 1 mile down from West Carrolton area. Be sure to bookmark it!

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/uv?cb_00065=on&format=gif&period=31&site_no=03271500

this shows the GMR is now about the lowest its been in about 30 days and 6" lower then when we had the GMR Outing so its plenty fishable right now.

I know the river has some darkness in color right now so it "looks" higher then it really is.

I havent been out in the last two weeks but Dinkbuster and Nightprowler have been getting out and getting a few decent fish as has Chubbahead, Im supposed to fish with him on Thursday so we will report any luck, good or bad...

Salmonid

3. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    The current water level is about what to expect for the next couple months. The color is pretty dark. It will take a pretty serious rain to move the river at this point. All the feeder creeks will be bone dry by the end of this week.

I fished with BigOnes this past Friday and Sunday. There was not a ton of activity on Friday, but BigOnes did catch a fish that was of nice size near 30 lbs. Total of 4 good bites with 3 caught. All were on BigOnes rods. Sunday was more active yet more frustrating. The intial spot we tried was full of snags and the bite was very timid. We missed 3 there. Once we moved, I picked up a small flat on a float rig there. We then proceeded to miss 3 more. One broke 100lb test just past the rod tip. We don't know if it was the fish or strain from previous snag. I will try there again in a week or so.

We used live bluegills mostly off the bottom with 3 oz weights both nights.

4. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    i live not to far from the GMR i live near eggelston park in colerain
    which is about 20 mins haven't tryed for cats there only bass
    next time i will

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fished there one time, one of the guys that was there w/ me caught a 25 # Flathead. It was sort of odd, we were sitting w/ our chairs touching the centerfield fense! Yes, I just gave you an idea where to fish! :lol: You have to have a rod w/ plenty of backbone becasue the current rips thorugh there, but there are nice fish there.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary

Pffffffffffffffffft 30lbs is just nice size I need to fish with you guys

7. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    he's not kidding i lost lures there i fished there two weeks ago
    for bass came up empty... so i'll do catfishing there

8. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im tying for channels this evening around dayton, im gonna start back up for flats in a week when i get back from vacation

9. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    i talked to a friend who works at wal-mart right now the cats are
    hitting on bluegills and crawlers at eggleston park under the old
    bridge that's closed

10. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    went yesterday and got skunked big time