Great Miami river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by hungoalie, Jul 9, 2006.

1. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am new to the web site so I'm not sure how threads work but here goes. I fish the Miami in the cincy, Hamilton area and do good with channels and small flatties and blues.I'm looking to find some bigger fish. Ican get plenty of sunnies and bluegills for bait but the biggest I got was 10lb blue. Any Idea's would be great. Also are most of the flatties on the nest and when might they be back. Last week I caught a big channel and a 3 foot gar on goldfish but I missed a big run to a snag. Going tonite with a bucket full of sunnies. I'll let you guy's know how I did when I get home. Thanks Hungoalie

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There's alot of guys down in your area. I'm sure they come along to help you out. Welcome to the BOC. I live up north of Columbus.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC John, it is always nice to have another new member. Especially when they are from Ohio. Good luck with the fish and I am sure members from down in your area will chime in.

4. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the welcome. I didn't do any good tonite. Couple of bites and short runs. Go to set the hook nothing there. Even got the bait back. Probably gar or turtles.