Great Miami River Turning On???

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CatFuStyle, May 6, 2009.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    with the rains we have had here lately and no massive flooding, sounds like things are going to start getting interesting on the GMR, anyone have any news or signs that things are starting to turn on, no specific info needed and from what ive heard and read so far things are really looking better for this year than last year.

2. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    wow either everyone is out fishing besides me sitting at work, or the dayton area fellas disappeared lol

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    they must be, i can hear you here in columbus.lol lol

4. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    GMR has been turned on since february. At least the channel cats have been biting. I have caught close to 400 pounds of catfish this year already. Including one 11 pound flattie and a couple of 5 pound plus channels.

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Managed to get out tuesday to the gmr . We caught 9 fish 6 channels and 3 flats biggest was around 10 lb. nothing big yet but they are turnin on down this way

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    was out yesterday on the GMR near dayton with a buddy in my small boat, we took 6 channels, hooked 3 more but the circles didnt hold. Nicer ones too. all were over 4 lb except 1 at 2.5, big fish of the day was a little under 7 lbs. Its the best day we have had so far this year, near Dayton so obviously no flatties in the mix. Water was up 1.5 feet and still alot of crap in the water, 61.2 degrees all day. never changed.

Salmonid