Great Miami River SW ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rosscatman, Sep 10, 2007.

1. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Got off work this morning thought I would hit a easy spot near my house for a couple of hours since we finally got some rain.Fished by the old torn down bridge by the softball fields you guys by me no where Im talking about.When I got there I could see that someone has been doing some serious cleaningup on the bank and the river.Then sure enough a little after 7 this morning here came 3 trucks one with a small boat behind it.It was the Hamilton county dept of engineers.A couple of them got out of there trucks to talk then a little later one of the guys came down and started a conversation with me he said theyve been cleaning up the old bridge debri that was left over when they tore the bridge down for the last week.He said theyve been wanting to clean the area for awhile but the river was always too high.I guess the good news is cleaning alot of the old bridge debri wont make it snag city no more,but then again if they take alot of the cover and structure outta there will the fishing there go to hell.He also told me that alot of the wood planks and steel to the left of the old bridge was actually from a bridge that was there even previous man that must be prehistoric.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did you do any fishing? Did you get any bites?

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Roger I caught a small Flat 3 or 4 lbs around 15 minutes after I got there but it was still Dark.After that nothing but a few Turtle bites.

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i've fished that spot a few times since they dropped the bridge never caught nothing though. wonder if that bridge coming down into the water messed with the fishing. thats pretty cool they are cleaning up the river bank down there is was looking pretty shabby

5. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sometimes government does what it is supposed to... in spite of itself...lol
    Good to know they are taking care of your fishing spot.