Great Miami River Snow Channels-Open Invite

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Feb 5, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey all you GMR River Rats (Dayton, OH area). I am thinking of going & getting skunked in the morning. My goal is to get a picture of a Snow Channel. I doubt I'll do any good, but if anyone wants to join me, let me know. I am going to target a couple very easy to get to areas. I'm thinking of fishing for a total of prob 2 hours. I'd like to get out areound 8am. I will supply the frozen Shad or frozen Skipjack.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude your crazy! have you seen the river? ha ha ha ha ha ha! hope thats not where your going!

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    SUNDAY 7 AM
    Overnight: Scattered snow showers, windy, and cold. Additional accumulations of a coating to 1" possible. Lows in the mid 20s.
    Tomorrow: Cloudy, windy, and cold with lingering snow showers and flurries into the afternoon. Highs in the upper 20s to near 30.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I am going to the river, but plan on hitting this area that I love to fish during high water or when it floods. I figure I'd get there early that way I dont have to fight the crowds. :frk-big:

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I smell a skunking for sure..Hey is the roads ok over that way, or are they snow covered?

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    and its still rising! if i wasnt trying to get over being sick i'd join ya though.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I'm glad noone else wanted to go. My sugar is out of whack today & I feel bad enough to where I am not going.

8. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    sounded like a hardcore fishing session, a picture of a cat in the snow would be awesome

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Bryan am i rubbing off on you?? Fishing in these crappy conditions i thought i was the only one stupid enough to do it :p ;) :p

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would have loved to been out there. I think If there is snow on the ground come Thursday, I will go out.

11. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    If the river goes down some, I know I will get out. I don't really care how cold it is. I need to get some better bait though. The two times I went last week I ended up using bass minnows for cutbait. That explains why we caught four smallmouth.

The problem is I work til five everyday. That leaves me about an hour of light to fish.

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Bryan, I saw the GMR today and fishing it today would have been ugly, up about 5-6 ft. anyways, Im in for Thursday, let me know...
    Salmonid

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Hey Mark and Bryan i could get out thursday if you guys wanted to do some fishing