Great Miami River Route 50 report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishinguncle, Jun 25, 2007.

1. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana
    Hey guys,
    Relatively new member, but I thought I should try to add something of value.

I used to whitewater kayak when I was younger...the new river, Gauley, Meadow...seems like just about every river with rapids in Ohio, WV, KY, TN and NC.

There was always a wave hole us kayakers would play around on the GMR just below the train bridge on the GMR and U.S. 50. Well, I thought with all the structure and oxygen rich water from the rapid I might try the spot...

Well 8 hours and not a bit...I was using carp and bluegills in the 3 to 4 inch range.

I spoke with a ranger from my area...he said guys have had alot of luck with flatheads on the White Water River just up from where it meets the GMR...right where Dry Fork creek comes in...any of you guys had much luck on the White water for flatheads?

Thanks!

2. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    welcome to the boc and thanks for the info

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish that area all the time, and there is nothing biting right now. Usually there are descent fish around, but the river is so low you can't catch a thing. The whitewater river is dropping rapidly, every week it seems significantly lower. I used to have a lot of luck around there, and I even did earlier this year. Lately you don't even get a hint of a bite anywhere in the area :confused2:

4. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana
    Thanks Kit...the ranger was probably off on his time frame of when they were biting..that leaves me searching for another flathead spot:sad2: