Great Miami River Question??

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Apr 21, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    so any of you guys from ohio close to Dayton, or fish the Great Miami River?? Think Im going to go up there this weekend, i want to take my boat, its a 15 footer with a 35 HP o/b...anyone know if it is deep enough for a boat, or where a ramp is?

2. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    theres a boat ramp in west carrolton above the dam. you would be fine as long as you watch your depth finder and wernt flying there are shallow spots but you would be fine! good luck!

3. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I dont fish up that far but down here in Hamilton and up to Middletown i have seen a few big boats down around Hamilton with skiers.Like liveforcattin said just watch depth and also the low head dams up and down it seen some boats go over one in Hamilton few times.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    theres a ramp at west carrollton, it stay plenty deep enough until you get a mile upstream, then it can get kinda hairy. just watch your sonar, there are some gravel bars up there that will bust up your lower unit. watch out for the idiots on the ski boats as well, they think they own the river:mad: