Great Miami River Monster catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Bigones, May 29, 2006.

1. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Howdy brothers I got my first real BIGONE of the season on 05/27/2006. I have caught quite a few nice ones alrealdy but this one takes the cake so far. It was a 45lb monster.:eek:oooh: I also caught a 27 and a 10. Here are the pics.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are blowing everyone away with your big fish..I fished 1/2 mile from you saturday for nothing..Congrats.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go. I am taking some time off. I've got to get re-prioritized about fishing & stop doing stupid stuff. Time to organize thigns & start back in a week or two.

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catch Tim! You and Spencer are making the rest of us GMR fisherman look bad. :big_smile:

Pretty soon I am going to start fishing more south on the GMR. I currently fish north of dayton most of the time. Hopefully I'll be able to match some of your outings. Congrats again! :big_smile:

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey man, that is great! Love to see the pictures of great catches like that.

Thanks!

6. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    YEAH! THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! GOOD CATCH! KEEP UP THE GOOD FISHING!:big_smile:

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dang man! you are really puttin it to us! i am honestly starting to think that every decent sized fish in this river had to have gotten washed into your hole in the last flood:lol:, seems like they vacated everywhere else! a fish of that size is very rare in this river, you 'da man!

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Very nice man, way to go!! Did he also hit after midnight?
    Salmonid

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go on your catches!!! Really nice fish!! Its great seeing someone is doing so well. Love the posts! Keep it going, got a long summer ahead.

10. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep he came after midnight at about 1:30. Yeah yall better watch out I have an apprentice now big SPENCER. It wont be long and he will be posting pics like that. I won't be around here too much longer. I am moving to Richmond V.A in August so I passing on what little bit I have learned. LOL I will in BIG BLUE country (catfish that is).

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats on the 45# Flathead! That would have broken the state record here in PA.!

12. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice fish Bigones,The 41 I caught sunday is my biggest flathead to date but the 75 lb blue I caught in virginia is my biggest.You will have fun catching those blues in virginia.

13. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Though I will admit that I have learned several things from Tim, I'm not so sure apprentice is an apt title. Granted, I find that using a back pack is much handier than a tackle box/bucket, that it is better to use 50+ pound test and big hooks/weights, and that the polomer knot isn't as much of a pain as I once thought. Don't let Tim fool you though. I think he's pleased with what he's learned as well. Items of value like how to canoe over dams in the dark, high water river navigation, high speed canoe impact recovery, high volume bailing, streamside scouting, and most importantly 4 line knot detangling are of equal value.

I also see that Tim failed to mention that I was forced to choose between the first night alone with my wife (grandparents took kids over night) and fishing with him on the night he caught his monster.

Oh well, if Tim holds a throne and I stand to inherit, who am I to complain. Though it's added a little tension with the Mrs., I've had some of the best catfishing of my life this past month.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Going to have to try and get out your way and wet a line with ya before you move Tim.

15. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm with you threre Melon!! These guys are catching all the big ones and I'm working and painting the house. Where are my Priorities!!!:sad2:
    Really Nice Flatheads..Good JOB!!

16. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL I was J/K on the apprentice. There is no throne to inherit. I am not above anyone! I think we all can learn little tricks here and there when fishing with other people. The only thing you might inherit is a bunch of nagging from the wife for being out all hours of the night with me, good memories ,and a friend. We defenently have had some good times and I have learned a lot from you also. The only reason I catch fish is I know how to locate them. After you do that you just have to put time on the water which I have done plenty of that. Its really just having your bait in the right spot at the right time. I also believe that the moon has a lot to with the Timing. I think that the moon effects all animals feeding and moving around. The only secret I have is big bait = big fish and I am sure you all have heard that one.

17. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sweet fish Mate!
    thanks
    Larry

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Tim, Ihear Mellon is willing to pay 5000 Bucks for the loaction of your spot:big_smile:

19. Steven Blair

Steven Blair New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Congrats on the great catch! Very nice pictures. :cool2:

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No, but I'll tell you where it is for $5,000!