Great Miami River is hotttt

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bigman44, Aug 8, 2008.

1. bigman44

bigman44 New Member

State:
    ohio
    so within a week my buds and i have pulled over 100 lbs of shovelhead.

tonight we planned on fishing until 12 or so.. but we broke 2 lines early. we started at bout 8:30. around 8:45 we had our 1st bite. missed it. then hooked a 10 lber. after about 15 mins i checked my pole wondering why this spot wasnt getting me even a bite. i yanked it and there was a fish on the other end. i set the hook deeper and got him in. he was about 12 lbs. after another 20 mins i got a bite and another 15 lber. as me and my friend we taking stuff to the car around 10. my other bud screems got another. go down and helped him land it. it was easily over 20 pounds. after all the lines either broken or heavily marrred up we left. it was a good day and now im home early writing todays journal.

the miami is getting hot:cool2:

2. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    strange, i went down there tonight and got nothing. Only got one bite that lasted half a second. where are you at on the GMR?

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Could be a difference in bait or bait presentation

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats on a good nite

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good to here you are catching (and missing) some cats. Thanks for the report Jack!

6. bigman44

bigman44 New Member

State:
    ohio
    we got all action on cut drum. and im fishing just down river of hamilton in fairfield

7. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ok i was using chicken liver. i was supposed to have some bluegill to use but my friend who was supposed to get them backed out. hopefully he can get them next time

8. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats great. I was out at the boat ramp 2 nights ago and landed a 10 lber and a couple of small ones. One of my buddy's almost lost his pole we never saw what it was after about 5 mins of fighting the line broke. Of course I hope to have as much luck as you.