Great Miami River Info

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by wolfman, Mar 8, 2006.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The Great Miami River, a tributary of the Ohio River, begins north of Dayton and flows through Cincinnati. Great Miami channel cats average 18 to 24 inches, with some fish up to 32 inches. There are some flatheads, especially closer to the Ohio River. The flatheads tend to be near the 24-inch mark, with some fish topping 36 inches.
    Most experienced anglers fish the river’s deep holes and washouts. Best tactics are casting live or dead bait upstream and letting the bait drift through the hole. Water depths on the Great Miami River can vary depending on where you are fishing. The important thing is to find sudden depth changes. There are multiple access sites on the river between Dayton and Cincinnati. According to Trueb, wildlife officers surveyed the river and marked these locations on a topographic map.

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Hey wolfman. I live in southern ohio but i have fished the little miami river but didnt have any luck. (just trying to get up some post)

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    First let me welcome you to the BOC, there are a few members that fish the little Miami river, hopefully they will chime in on some good areas

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    ok... uhh can u post the pic of that big cat on here i wanna see it...PS come to chat room.....Plz and ur friends from ohio...Thanks for welcoming

5. 1 at a time

1 at a time New Member

gmr is a great river to fish i love it