Great Miami River - Got my first couple fish of the year

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Montgomery, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    decided to go fishing this morning around 8 am. finally got out to the river by 9:15 . with in 15 minutes had 2 nice eating channels. lost 2 some how . but from 9:15 until around 10 am. it was none stop action really. used shrimp. fished great miami. i had a several month skunked spell. and couldn't buy a bite. so it felt good getting some action. it feels like for ever . but my poles have only been put up 2 months tops. and first time out had a ball. i took pictures but dont know how to post them. i live in the vandalia dayton area. and this will be my first year useing a casting net . and useing shad. saying i cant catch some. can anyone from around here give me a heads up on where i can find them .or where not to look for them . thanks for any info in advance

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good start..........................

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well congrats on the catch. im going monday. 60 degrees about this week. should be able to pick up a few.

on the shad. dont know what kind ya got there but gizzard shad are best found around riprap, right on the boat ramps where water is always churned, and pillers-bridges ect... i get alot tossing right out on the concrete at the ramp. even right after a boat has pulled out of the lake.

once ya look for em enough in the warm months ya can see em just breaking surface in schools. just got to kind of know what to look for. often these schools can produce enough bait for a night in a toss or two.

4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Try for Shad in spillways and where feeder creeks come into the main river or lake. If it's windy go to the shallows the wind is blowing into, cast toward the bank with the wind at you back.

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Nice to see you got out and caught some fish. Hope you catch a bunch this year.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats, good luck the rest of the year.

7. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hey thanks for the good luck