Great Miami River Flathead Catfish on 4/1/06

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 2, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rumor has it, that one of our very own BOC mbrs caught a Flathead on the GMR , while throwing a jig. I'll let that angler tell the rest.

Great job. I bet you'll be there today (Sunday) w/ cat bait, right?

2. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Hey Mellon,

I'd like to be out again this morning, but I'm still trying to get over a bad bout of bronchitis and sinus infection. It's been hanging on for more than two weeks now, after two trips to the doc and multiple antibiotics, cortisone shot, asthma meds, nasal spray. After yesterday, I'm whipped. Let us know how you do.

Dennis

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink & I got out around 9:15am, (YES I was suspose to be there @ 8:30AM), we fished until 11:40Am, he missed one, I missed one, but caught one 7# channel (6.8#), real healthy looking fish. As I was leaving the blue bird skies opened up.... go figure. :rolleyes:

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dont worry dude, i met up with one of those boats of bass fishermen at the ramp and they said the fishing was bad for them as well, didnt get a hit. said they tore 'em up yesterday though:rolleyes:

5. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fished north of dayton on the Gmr today from 3:30 to 6:30. I went out with my brother, we each caught 3 channels. Only two of the 6 fish were under 5 pounds. They are really fat right now, and look pretty clean.

6. 1 at a time

1 at a time New Member

this is some good news boys sounds like were gana have a better year than last;)