Great Miami River - Feb. catfish?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    anyone gotten out in the blizzardlike conditions so far this month?? I need a fix bad!!! GMR is frozen up tight topped with 6" of snow. Looks like it will be at least another week before the temps give us a break.....Shack nasties are setting in....Cant take much more of this, need to get the boat out...I stockpiled some shad this fall and looks like Ill be using it in May if this weather keeps up, Someone please post a report...:crazy:

Salmonid

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    me to.....the mighty muskie is froze up to in places i still can get to some spots but i never fished them i wanted to try ice fishing for a dock that is in about 9 feet of water but i dont know if that would be deep enough to try...and im not going on that ice it isnt thick enough for me

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

There is a tournament on feb17th in Madison Indiana on the Ohio...Madison is about 30 or so minutes from tanners creek...Should be a good time, you and dink should come out and get your fishing fix

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not in our little john boats, In the summer is one thing, but in the frigid water temps we have now, a swamping of the boat could very well be fatal. If I had a bigger boat and a job, I might consider it....:roll_eyes:
    Good luck Matt, I cant wait to hear all about it. Oh yeah, hopefully the temps will be above 15 for you guys:eek:oooh:
    Salmonid

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I'm also looking forward to fishing in Madison on the 17th. Sure ain't no place up here to fish. Did try that ice fishing thing the other day. But I was too tired to fish after breaking enough ice to get the boat launched. :smile2:

6. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    can't wait to get back to fishing 50's all dec. and now winter wants to hit dang global warming

7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    yes its gonna possible be longer than a week if we get hit with more snow

8. Monty

Monty New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Check out Mike Fisherman's post for the last few days. He is doing pretty well on the Great Miami right now

Monty

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks, we been getting a few ourselves but it sounded like he found a good wintering hole!

Salmonid