Great Miami River, Dayton Area: Thursday 6/29

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 29, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It sounded as if several of us were going to be fishing. (Is it suspose to storm or anything?) I cant get online anymore at work (long story), but please someone keep me informed of whats going on for tonight. Salmonid, Dink, & Nate have my work email & phone #, so keep me posted. I havent had the boat out in a long time, so I have am empty seat. I have Zero live bait though, but do have lots of frozen Shad/Skipjack.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Be sure to watch the gauges today and Ill call you later this afternoon to figure out a plan, I think Dink said he was in as well.

Salmonid

3. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    What's up Bryan, the weather is looking fine. Only a 20% chance of rain, the weathermen will throw that on just to cover their a$$es. I am baitless as of now too. I might have to work a little late, but I should have enough time to go grab some bait. Maybe I'll see you out there tonight, I haven't figured out where I'm going to try fish yet though. I wanting to try and find a new spot.

4. The Joker

The Joker New Member

State:
    ohio
    i might be but when and someone tell me dirrectoins from xenia to the river if the from west carollton i know were that one is

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Josh and Chubba, call my cell as we will be shore fishing after about 7:30 , I can give you details then where we will be near the West Carrolton area, Number i s 937.974.2908

Would be great to see you guys! or anyone else...I got some frozen shad and am planning on picking up a few gills on the way over here in a few minutes

Salmonid

6. The Joker

The Joker New Member

State:
    ohio
    im sorry i cant make on a weekday but if we met on a weekend i would but let me now if we has another to fish at thesame place in twoweeks or so on a weekend have info email at david.grimreaper@Gmail.com

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Dang guys, sounds like fun, i wish i was able to go

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you missed NOTHING! i brought a bucket of some of the most "primo" gills, were at a "primo" hole, out of 6 people (2 kids) had 12 poles out, fished from 6pm-3am.......and one dink 5lb flattie was caught!

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Some of us fished more than others (see pic of my son Andrew) It was still a good night to get out. Dink thinks for the jelp w/ Drew. I am pretty sure he thinks your a cool dude! :cool2: :big_smile:

10. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Mark, I took off around 5:45 yesterday to catch bait. I never saw the invite post til now. We'll get together another time.

I hit the river from 7:30 to 2:30. I caught 5-6 small channels. The last one I caught was only a pound and I just used him for flathead bait. He stayed on from 9 until I left without a bite. I did hook into one halfway decent flat. 14 pounds 10 ounces. I missed a few others. It was strange tonight, I've never had so many bites where they just grab the bluegill, smash him, run two feet and drop it. I had so many bites that I never even got to jerk on. That makes me mad.

I'll pulling an all nighter now. Fishing, shower, now work til 5pm. Fun.

Attached Files:

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish, looks like yall had a good time.

12. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio