Great Miami River channel catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadsteven, Apr 7, 2007.

1. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    went out the other day before it started gettin cold caught 6 channels on cut shad all on a mud flat right across from a log jam.hopefully the water starts warmin up here soon so the flatheads start comin out.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the fish, hopefully the weather will get better soon so we can start thinking of those big flatties!:smile2:

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Steve I just joined the BOC Just wandering what area of the great miami are you fishing?I live in ross township just down river from hamilton on the great miami the fishing is actually pretty lame in my area on the Great Miami ,Even though Im often told the fishing is better north on the river.

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ed the fishing is not all bad in that area of the river, I know a couple of good spots. The problem is getting someone to let you fish from their property. I have caught some flats close to 30lbs and my buddy has landed some close to 50lbs.

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh I all most forgot...welcome to the BOC Ed!

6. fish-n-fool

fish-n-fool New Member

State:
    Ohio
    rosscatman - I hate to be the bearer of bad news brother, but the ctafishing gets better on the GMR the further south you go; especially for flatheads.
    If you are after smallies than further north.

7. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hamilton isnt far from middletown and i catch and see caught fish 30+ lbs all the time. The gmr is full of big flatties, especially farther south, towards the ohio river. Welcome to BOC Ed.

8. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey thanks for the welcome bros.Even though the great miami is right by my house I rarely fish it.The two guys I usually fish with live in harrison and lawrenceburg so we usually fish the ohio or hogans or even tanners .Ive never really fished the Great miami for flats or as I like to call them shovels.I know no one wants to give up there spot but im thinking of hitting under the New Baltimore bridge in the next week or two and strictly fish for flats .Ill be using bluegill.If someone knows a better area where i might do better please pass it on.Thanks