Great Miami River biggest flathead catfish of the year

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bigfish08, Jul 3, 2007.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    just wondering if anyone is getting into any decent fish this year,, i remember last year a guy got a 56 or something like that. ive been swamped this summer, i only got out once and got three under ten. just curious how everybody is doing on the bigger flatties

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    havent done good at all this year. biggest so far is a 20 and a bunch between 5-15lb. had a few good ones hooked but they got off. been really slow for me this year. think what we really need right now is a good gulley-washer of a flood.

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Slow for me too! Biggest Flathead so far this year is 23lbs. That was back in the spring. We need some rain around butler county bad. I am having a hard time finding bait in my usual spots...water just to low and not moving hardly.

4. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    We have been catching the small ones out side of tipp city in Miami county. In columbus The only fish so far is channels.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i've caught multiple over 20 this year and lost a hog. its just a matter of time

6. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm right around the rest of you guys. My biggest this year is 25 with a bunch smaller. With out a doubt, a rainstorm has been necessary for months. But I hope a flood will at least wait til they are done spawning now.

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My Father pulled a 15 LBer out of there a few weeks back, since then both him and I have only come up with turles. :eek:oooh:

8. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i forgot all about this thread.. got a 29 lber last sunday night.. biggest of the year, but still not good..

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    havent don much flathead fishing this year biggest so far 5 weeks ago 31#

10. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp New Member

State:
    OH
    My largest is 24.5 - a buddy of mine fishing the same hole pulled out about a 35-ish pounder. Use FRESH cutbait or big goldfish.

11. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've done pretty well so far this year. Multiple 15 to 20 lb'rs. Heaviest to date are 37, 42 and 45 lb.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not the great miami, but I have horriblke luck on the scioto untill a couple weeks ago, since then I have put 16 flats on the bank biggest at 42-lbs.

13. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
  14. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me and a buddy of mine have had some great luck earlier in the season bunch of 5-15# flats. and caught my biggest river fish this year 34#

15. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Managed to land a 19 lb flattie near Miamisburg Thursday night and 5 lb channel. Camera phone not user friendly for Mark to take a photo and thanks Mark for netting it! Stupid reaction to an antibiotic left me with charley horses in the large muscle groups on both legs, one in my calf left leg on the channel and then right leg went nuts after landing the 19 lb flathead just about ruined the night, JUST ABOUT :eek:oooh:. Left me rolling on the ground in agony and Mark a former H/S football coach took a minute to straighten my leg out and stated he had never seen such severe cramping. Mark and some of his friends were shut out who showed up later were shut out. Channel was caught on 3-5 inch bluegill, the flattie took a live shiner about 3-4 inches long. Probably should have hit the ER but I have survived just hobbling around as best I can with residual pain. I stopped taking the darned antibiotic after that as I didn't want a charley horse in my heart :wink:. Will try to upload a pic off my cell with scale in for ...well scale.

16. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i caught 2 of my personal best flattheads this year out of the great miami river. 34 and 24# both of them on live bluegill

17. shovelheadslayer

shovelheadslayer New Member

State:
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Me and my buddy done pretty good this year. Slow like alot of other people lately. Hopefully we get some rain soon to help us out.