Great Miami River 9 -28 sw ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rosscatman, Sep 28, 2007.

1. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Guys I hit the gmr this morning with 2 other guys i work with.We fished around the dravo area.I really thought we would get into some fish with the rain we got but it wasnt so.The river was at a respectible level but in my opinion still not at i would consider a normal stage and even worst it looked like it was dropping the 3 and half hours we were there.Just thought i would pass it on to you guys .

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ed i went tuesday and wednesday during the rain on the GMR. tuesday i hooked a nice one got it to the bank and didnt have my net that night buddy of mine went down to grab him he bolted and snapped me off. only got one other run . wednesday fished for about 5 hours got a little channel and a tutrle. what kind of bait have u been trying.

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Josh ive been fishing mostly with goldfish and sometimes blugills.One of my freinds did catch a small channel this morning on a dead shiner.I was kinda disapointed,I thought the river woulda been up a little more down there this morning with the rain we got.

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The ground is so dry I don't think much of it (rain) reached the creeks and river.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we went up here in dayton for about 8 hrs that day. got an 8lb channel but that wasnt what we were after. used fresh shad, baby carp, bullheads.....nothing! wednesday was no doubt best (pre-cold front) but i am like a cat when it comes to getting wet.:eek:oooh:

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    past week or so been hittin the creeks for chubs any size about 3 inches or more. and curl them on the hook.