Great Miami River 7-6-07

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Jul 7, 2007.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Steve and i went out again tonight to see if we could have any luck. Steve caught the first fish which was a 22.5 pound flathead which was a great fish. But the good news out of it was that it was a spawned out female with the scratches healing on her head. I gave steve alittle grief about this fish because it was 3 ounces short of the best of the year. The next fish i took, it was a 6.5 pound flathead, also was a female that had healing scrapes. We sat there with nothing happening when that little flathead screamed my abu, it scared the hell out of me. We hit a calm spot there for about an hour and a half. Then steve got a run had the fish on but came off in the direction of my abu, i re-casted out and within 5 minutes my clicker was singing the loudest we have heard all year. It was a 15.9 pound flathead which interesting enough had a fresh gash in her mouth and was bleeding pretty good. Im convinced it was the fish steve lost. Well it was a good night and i cant wait to get out again

Attached Files:

2. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    Once again good job guys.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sounds like you fellas had some fun. Thanks for the pics.:0a36:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice catches fellas, I have wanted to fish the GMR and finally got to and got nothing. What stretch are you fishing?

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for sharing the pictures and story with us Nate. I am glad to see the flats are coming off the next now and starting to bite again.

6. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice fish, glad they are comin off the spawn, im headin out to a spot tonight i got a 34 a 16 and about 5 and my buddy got a 20 and about a 8 all in one night, we fished it this time last year..