Great Miami River 7-29-08

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Jul 30, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well steve and i decided to hit one of our favorite spots, well same general area. We started fishing around 9:45 and it became very apparent the river was rising the flatties were moving because we kept seeing rolls at some ducks going down river. Steve caught his first fish around 10, it was a 6 pound flattie. And for the next hour and a half i sat there listening to his shimano scream and not have any hook ups. We figured it was small channels or flatties who's eyes were bigger than their mouths. 11 o'clock rolled around and i made the comment to steve that we were in our down period because we hadnt gotten any runs in awhile. Then suddenly my baitrunner took off. Up to this point i was at war with this reel, the clicker wouldn't run smoothly and i had no idea why. Well it took off on a had run and i picked the rod up to let it run longer but the spool stuck and the fish about took the rod out of my hand. I set hook and quickly realized it was a bigger fish, it was pulling drag into the current then started running up river. I eventually got him up on the bank, steve and i both looked at each other and thought i had a 40. Well it was 40 but with multiple weighings it showed that it was a 37 pound fish. (today we tested the scale with a 10 pound weight and it was off by a pound and a half light) With my adrenaline pumping we decided to stay out at the river longer that expected, i ended the night with the 37 and 2 pound flatheads and a 6 pound channel. Steve ended with a 11, 9, 7, 6 pound flatties and 6 and 5 pound channels.

Attached Files:

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    steves fish part 1

Attached Files:

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    very nice gmr flathead

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    steves pics part 2

Attached Files:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats guys. Very nice trip indeed. Some great action an nice cats.

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    now that im going back and reading my post i sure have a bunch of typos:embarassed:

7. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Nice fish there! :tounge_out:

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches and thanks for sharing!!!