Great Miami River 7/20

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kory, Jul 21, 2007.

1. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    went out tonight, didn't get set up till after dark, was trying to net some bait, caught a bunch of crawdads, that was about it.....fished for 4 hours or so, caught 1 sheephead and a softshell turtle, no big bites even.....very disappointing for my birthday lol......

2. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    KORY WHAT part of the gmr do you fish i go up behind columbia or combs and it's like somebody has taken all the fish i bet i havent had but one run up there all year and i bet that was a turtle

3. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    we were down at eggleton park, on east miami river road, just off blue rock rd there. We've done ok there this year, nothing huge a couple 15 lbers or so and a few smaller, but man it was dead last night

4. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp New Member

State:
    OH
    Hahaha that's my stretch! Just a bit upstream from there. Ya gotta watch the weather - if it rains a bunch and the water is up, the only thing I've gotten 'em to take is a big ball of worms. If it's down, they'll hit on goldfish or FRESH cut Drum. There's a lot of big carp in that stretch too - Bring a can of corn with ya and toss a handful out on the river. Rig up a medium sized hook with a bunch of pieces underneath a floater with some weight and ya should be good to go.

5. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    we'll have to meet up one of these days, all of faithful fishers of the GMR *rolls eyes* i know there's got to be some better spots, just wish i could get a boat in that stretch other than a kayak........

6. xl506

xl506 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol, man the same thing happened to me. Oh a whim my buddy and I decide to go fishing at night time. We're like we will just take the cast net to get some gills... WRONG. Caught a small Smallmouth, and a buttload of crawdads.. No cats for us..