Great Miami River 6/8

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by hungoalie, Jun 8, 2007.

1. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    1st 2 shovelheads of the year a 5lb[maybe] and a 10lb[scaled]on bluegill head in the miamitown area. 1st run was big but bit through 20lb test had him hooked felt big then bit through right at the hook must have been a snapper.Not bad for 2 1/2 hours for me at least. anyone know a good place to throw a cast net around miamitown area?I just got one and have to practice in the back yard. Thanks for any help. John

2. Brian Wheeler

Brian Wheeler New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey hungoalie we fish the same waters.you catch'em by the bridge?if so way too go.As for casting a net well i've lost to in that darn river in 1 week, your best bet - rt50 at the tressel-follow sand bar outwere the gmr & white water meet.(thats the first)
    2nd-- follow rt50 to ind-just as you pass under the tressel-make left onto dirt rd(towards camp ground),when you see an old cemetary-make left through field(this is state land!!!!have a IND licences)there is a pond full of shad, carp, bullheads,etc.do the far end.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

3. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks man. I got them by the old torn down tressle by the park north of harrison ave.Not the bridge in miamitown. Park name starts with O.Going back tomarrow with more bgills. John

4. Brian Wheeler

Brian Wheeler New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea that is a pretty good spot,used to catch alot of white bass overthere;they seem to be pretty good bait.
    there are a couple other good holes not too far from there me and my buddy hit all the time,so if you ever see a green cheeroke lifted don't be afraid to stop and fish along with.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on a couple nice fish.

If yall need help getting a Profile pic up let me know. Would be more then glad to help yall out.