Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy sam and i got out for a bit this evening, the river was very very high and the current was ripping, the water was up so high the spot we fished we were casting to where we usually stand during normal water. i ended up getting two channels and little dink bait sized one and then a decent healthy one. both fish were caught up against the bank in an eddie, it turned out to be a decent evening and got my first cats of 2008.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Way to go Larry .... At least you got the ice-breaker out of the way ... now full speed ahead ..... Garry- :cool2:

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
my buddy sam and i got out for a bit this evening, the river was very very high and the current was ripping, the water was up so high the spot we fished we were casting to where we usually stand during normal water. i ended up getting two channels and little dink bait sized one and then a decent healthy one. both fish were caught up against the bank in an eddie, it turned out to be a decent evening and got my first cats of 2008.
Larry, That last little cat would make a fine Flathead bait, did you keep it? I'm just hackin on ya dude. But in the summer, I would use that little one as bait. He will fight on the hook all night long.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey bud were have you been catchin them in the great miami i have been fishing there for years just always in the same spot and never have much luck any ideas would help
well channel cats are everywhere in the river, almost all my spots i keep a close secret, its very easy to find new holes that are full of cats, not sure what area your from but start by driving to the river and take some boots and hike along the river until you find any deep hole with some cover, cover dosnt matter quite so much with channels as it does flatheads but try to find a good deep hole and use cut bait, garenteed youll tear um up.:wink: good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.