Great Miami Report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Sep 4, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Me and Bigcat72 headed to the GMR last night for about 4 hours...I thought fishing would be decent with the river up a little..But it was a slow night...Got there at about 7:30 and fished till about 11:15 or so..Managed to get 3 channels in the boat..One taken on cut shad, the others taken on Live bluegill..At least we pretty much had the river to ourselfs...Too bad the fish didnt cooperate a litte better

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went out last night as well. The flathead bite was definately slow. I caught my only two bites on live bait, both flatheads. I also kept a pole out for channels with cut bluegill. I caught around 8-10 channels. I was freezing though, that's the coldest I've fished lately at night. I need to start dressing warmer.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    myself, along with Salmonid, Mellon and his bro-inlaw, and Nightprowler got our boats out yesterday morning and done some channel fishing from 7am-2pm (Bryan was out from Sat 11pm-Sun11am!), it was slow as well. think Bryan ended up with 11 fish but he was out there almost 12hrs. Salmonid got skunked and me and Mike got 7, they were all around 4lb. what we need is warmer and more humid air to roll back in, this cold snap put 'em in a funk!

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    River is too high for any good fishin around here. Sounds like you had a bit of fun and luck, huh?