great maimi river anyone getting saugeyes

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by katkiller77, Feb 24, 2009.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    On the GMR anyone getting saugeyes Dayton south rick

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    aint she a lil high....RAT

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i am talk after it goes down the best place around dayton are taylorville dam and west carrolton low dam how goes is hamiltion rat for saugeye

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    the water levels i dont think are that bad but i bet some swim baits or jigs would work pretty good now.

5. jason45005

jason45005 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    where are the good spots on the great miami for shovelhead and smallmouth on the great miami river in franklin ohio? And what should I use for bait. And what pound line should in the great miami? And what kind of hooks should I use?

6. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    WEll i dont know about franklin ohio but around here use live gills with 20-30 lb test and for smallmouth i would use craw dadies.....RAT

7. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    If it were me I would travel a little south to Trenton and fish by the train tressel it's loaded with big Shovel head. I have caught a many fish with bluegill and creek chubs.

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    also try the low dam by the power plant towards miamisburg good place for them 123 bridge good also

9. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    where i fish on the GMR, i catch a lot of saugeye and sauger in mid to late-spring on night crawlers hooked on a 1/16oz. jighead depending on the water level and the power of the current.
    Image049.jpg

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    sounds about right rick

11. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    where i fish on the GMR, i catch a lot of saugeye and sauger in mid to late-spring on night crawlers hooked on a 1/16oz. jighead depending on the water level and the power of the current.
    View attachment 56897 [/quote]

12. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    never fished in franklin, but where i fish i use any live forage fish from about 4-8in with 30lb berkley big game and 4/0-6/0 octopus circle hooks for flatheads. for smallmouth, i use any small inline spinner, small crankbait, small jerkbait, or just live bait with about 6-8lb test.