great maimi river anyone getting saugeyes

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by katkiller77, Feb 24, 2009.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    On the GMR anyone getting saugeyes Dayton south rick

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    aint she a lil high....RAT

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i am talk after it goes down the best place around dayton are taylorville dam and west carrolton low dam how goes is hamiltion rat for saugeye

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    the water levels i dont think are that bad but i bet some swim baits or jigs would work pretty good now.

5. jason45005

jason45005 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    where are the good spots on the great miami for shovelhead and smallmouth on the great miami river in franklin ohio? And what should I use for bait. And what pound line should in the great miami? And what kind of hooks should I use?

6. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    WEll i dont know about franklin ohio but around here use live gills with 20-30 lb test and for smallmouth i would use craw dadies.....RAT

7. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    If it were me I would travel a little south to Trenton and fish by the train tressel it's loaded with big Shovel head. I have caught a many fish with bluegill and creek chubs.

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    also try the low dam by the power plant towards miamisburg good place for them 123 bridge good also

9. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    where i fish on the GMR, i catch a lot of saugeye and sauger in mid to late-spring on night crawlers hooked on a 1/16oz. jighead depending on the water level and the power of the current.
    Image049.jpg

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    sounds about right rick

11. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    where i fish on the GMR, i catch a lot of saugeye and sauger in mid to late-spring on night crawlers hooked on a 1/16oz. jighead depending on the water level and the power of the current.
    View attachment 56897 [/quote]

12. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    never fished in franklin, but where i fish i use any live forage fish from about 4-8in with 30lb berkley big game and 4/0-6/0 octopus circle hooks for flatheads. for smallmouth, i use any small inline spinner, small crankbait, small jerkbait, or just live bait with about 6-8lb test.