Great January Meeting!!

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Jan 10, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    We had a great turnout at our first meeting of the new year. Several new members joined up and we had some visitors too. Katman#1 made the trek from Lake Wateree up to the meeting and we were glad to have him in attendance.

LakeNormanBlues gave us a budget report and status on membership. Awards from the club tournament series were also handed out. We also discussed the various catfish tournament series that are in our area that provide over 35 catfish tournaments on our area lakes!!!

Our biggest topic of discussion was the upcoming public hearings concerning the proposed 32" harvest restriction on the blue catfish on Lake Norman and Badin Lake . Price (Phillip Price) discussed with us his experiences from public hearings on the topic in TN.

Right now it appears we will have a good showing at the Morganton meeting next week with Price, Mudkip, LakeNormanBlues, Roundhill, Billfish76and I currently planning to attend. Tomahawk said he will be at the Norwood meeting tonight, and I am going to try to make the meeting to do a little recon work!! :wink:

We also discussed possible guest speakers for future events. The topics of castnet throwing, sonar basics, and fishing seminars on Lake Tillery, and Mt. Island Lake were proposed. I will begin formalizing some of these and posting the dates for each of the speakers.

As always, if you want to keep up with what is happening in the Carolina's Catfish Club world, drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I will add you to our e-mail list.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thanks for the report for those of us that couldnt make it,I was wanting to come but am on call this week,work sux,done knocked me out of a meeting and a tourney this weekend.
    Glad to hear Jason made it up,hope he enjoyed himself,I am sure alot of good info was shared and gained with everyone.