Great Ideas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by randallewis, Aug 27, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Great Idea...don't know why I never thought of this!...;-)
    Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outsideyour home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panicbutton for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continueto sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. This tip came
    from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarmsystem that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it.It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honkinguntil your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on thekey fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage If your caralarm goes off when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar or rapist won't stick around... after a few seconds all theneighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there.....

This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.
    P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic.
    Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone.

My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with hi m in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Randal thanks for sharing these great security ideas. Very practical. Much appreciated.:smile2:

3. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Great post and excellent idea. Thanks for sharing!

4. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great idea never why ppl never use it

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It's a good idea if your neighbors are normal,,,,I got one that's car is powered by decibels. I don't know how many miles he gets to a CD, but he has an alarm a mockingbird can set off. We all just ignore it now. I started my weed eater too close to it one day an set it off, LOL. I can tell when he comes home as I can feel the vibrations in my home. Another few months an he should be using the closed caption feature on his tv.......guess I'm getting old. I think the stereo and alarm cost more than the car.

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Excellent idea! I don't know why I never thought of that. Thanks so much for pointing that out. I will definitely remember it!