Great Ice Fishing Story an Pictures

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by river scum, Jan 8, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    well guys i had a good day on the ice with hoosierpolcat today. didnt expect much luck because of the 4in. of clear ice. things started to happen when i lost my pole to a fish. yup pulleder rite down the hole when i wasnt looking. :crying: well it happens i say and rig another crappie setup. about 15min. later a guy walks out from shore. he stops and says hey you guys see this? you guessed it my pole is under the ice about 50ft. away,the fish had dropped it. so we laugh and drill a hole next to it and i get my pole back. i bait it back up and drop it down another hole. not 5 min. later the bobber goes down and the spool is peelin (i have my bucket on the handle this time lol). after a 5min. battle on 2lb. test, polecat lips a 5# bass for me. just thaught you guys mite get a kick outa the day i had.

first pic: is my pole under 4in. of ultra clear ice.

second pic is the bass: i caught on 2lb. line.

Attached Files:

2. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm telling you I gotta watch that darn river scum like a hawk. If he isnt bringing enough flathead bait. He's losing ice fishing gear. It was kinda hilarious how it all went down.And how it all ended. Only river scum...... I'm telling. :know-big:

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    tim, it was a blast. i bet we tugged each other for 10 min. i would get some line and she would just peel it back off. not much you can do with 2# line.

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Nice Bass, congrats.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Wow,what an adventure!!Glad ya got the snoopy rod back!

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    oh you could tell it was a snoopy rod. :eek:

7. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    i'm so jealous :crying: the ice isn't anywhere near thick enough around here, but it's gonna be below freezing for high tempatures this whole week so hopefully I'll be able to hit the ice next week.

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Thats a nice Bass!