The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im a hardcore garage saler and buy/sell for a living basically but i love getting fishing gear for cheap and I rarely sell it.i found 2 mint shimano 8000d baitrunners for 35$ a piece.most ive
CB4E648F-5DBB-4A65-BA2D-FEAF80816C80.jpeg
6400E32D-5374-4C37-BCEF-6B1147F92A3D.jpeg
ever spent on reels at a garage sale but these are pricey new.70$ for over 300$ worth of reels.its a adrenaline rush to find treasures at garage sales and ive found over 350 reels for cheap since i started 10 years ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow those reels look hardly used. Congrats!

My wife like to go to garage sales but we have not gone to any this year due to pandemic. I am not a "I love shopping" kind of guy but I am her chauffeur so I tag along with her. We have found a few great deals but never fishing stuffs. People around here think their fishing stuffs are made from gold lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just picked these vintage beauties up for 18$ A hour ago.zebco 44 spincast underspin and a south bend spin cast 23 known as a punch button reel.kind of pricey but the south bend is a tad rare and i the old zebco is just plain cool.lol I have to go to garage sales 6 days a week at 6 to 7 hrs a day to find good
A3C16B5D-F4AF-4E80-B6C8-49EAFBEBC5AC.jpeg
stuff.hate baby clothes and toys.im into fishing,hunting,retro video games and anything coleman.

·
Registered
Jon from Indiana
1,334 Posts
Nice, never seen that abu before. I also love garage sales. Never know what you'll find. Retro video games, now your talking my language. Wife was at one once, called me up said they have a sega saturn for like 10 or 20 bucks (it was awhile back) i said buy it now! Another time I was at a flea market and found a sega cd for about the same price. I grabbed that thing up so quick, my wife was laughing at me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i buy original xbox and mod them for resale.ps1 and 2 games i have 100s.nintendo anything is big bucks.i have sega,intellivision,collecovision,ataris.i also like picking up nintendo ds lites for cheap at garage sales.retro game consoles sell like hot cakes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also buy alot of small engine parts.i bought 2 truckloads of oem tecumseh parts and engines to sell parts and build vintage minibikes.Tecumseh been out of business for years now and parts are gaining value.i just bought 5 crates of continental racing engine parts last week,those engines were ran in the vintage quarter midgets back in the day.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,815 Posts
Yeah man I love those yard sale finds...sometimes the ladies are really mad at their husbands and they set out their best stuff......:o_O::bruised:......

·
Registered
8 Posts
My best yard sale score was a diawa goldcast combo, 2 zebco 33's, and 2 7' boat rods with no markings. I stopped at a yard sale because they had a sign that said tools. All the tools were made in China junk but saw I the Diawa combo and started checking out the reel. It was kind of stiff but I figured if the price is right. Before I could even ask how much, the woman running the yard sale said "you like that fishing rod? Take that and the rest of that fishing stuff and give me 4 bucks". I took the combo home and cleaned and re-greased the reel and still use it to this day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just picked these vintage beauties up for 18$ A hour ago.zebco 44 spincast underspin and a south bend spin cast 23 known as a punch button reel.kind of pricey but the south bend is a tad rare and i the old zebco is just plain cool.lol I have to go to garage sales 6 days a week at 6 to 7 hrs a day to find good View attachment 315428 stuff.hate baby clothes and toys.im into fishing,hunting,retro video games and anything coleman.
Have you ever seen any Focus 5 Coleman heaters at garage sales? I love those for cold nights fishing.

·
Premium Member
Southeast mo Mississippi river
560 Posts
20 years ago I got a Ruger bare cat for 75 bucks pre 64 model 70 in 270 for 125
Traded them for a new in box 700 classic 35 whelen and 2 sweet 16 one was ruff other like new. I about ripped my pocket off getting my wallet out

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you ever seen any Focus 5 Coleman heaters at garage sales? I love those for cold nights fishing.
Sure do..i sold 2 of them and kept one for icefishing.i like them better than buddy heaters because thereS no tipover switch like the mr heater buddy heaters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts