Great Friday night on the Big Muddy!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Beckman, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Went out on Friday evening on the Big Muddy and caught a 50, a 71 and lost one that easily went well over 80lbs but busted off when he surfaced up into the current seam, did his death roll on us and was gone. We were fishing some really strong current, rip rap trail dikes, live shad and the bite was around 3AM and ended at 3:30AM. :big_smile:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like u had a good night

3. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Nice fish, PB got beat again:wink:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    congrats Bill. Maybe they are gonna start gettin with the program

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats Bill, sounds like you had one heck of a night.

6. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    congrats on some nice fish:big_smile:

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Okay....I'm going out on a limb here and am questioning the validity of your scale! :crazy:

Here are some pictures of a couple 70's and an 80+.

Attached Files:

8. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Also Bill those fish are being held buy some big guys:big_smile::big_smile:

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the nice hawgs Bill. Keep on doing what you're doing!!!:wink:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Right! Chris is what, 6'4"-6'5"? Stitch is 6'2" 285lbs, well Cuz, he's only 4'10" 210lbs! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Just kidding Cuz, you know I love ya! :wink:

11. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Cuz 4"11 215 lbs :smile2::smile2:

12. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Its a big 210 lbs though, might as well be 225, :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now I must admit I'm not in the Caliber of the 6 foot 4 club like Chris, Rat, Chad and the likes, but 4 foot 10? :smile2:

My ol frame has shrunk a bit down to 6 foot 1 an a half! Me thinks its me belly thats pulled me down an inch as I use to be 6 foot 2. Back in my college ball days, I was 6 foot 2 and 245 pounds of proud inside linebacker. My what the years of couch potatoeism have done to me. :embarassed:

Did get a pretty hardy laugh out of this though. :smile2:

Its okay, not being as strong as Rat and Chad and Chris and STitch and all you other monsters lets me battle each and every kitten that much longer :cool2:

I can tell ya, I could put a football team together with the members of this club that could probably hang with the Rams for a quarter or two. :cool2: But only if I can be coach. Me days of colliding with 28O pound men that run faster than me are way over. :eek:oooh:

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice fish Bill. Thanks for sharing the photos. Congrats on the Pig

15. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    congrats on your good night of fishing, hopefully thats a good sign on whats to come

16. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chad, i would say your a good 225 without the head, you include that you may want to add a couple 5 pounds:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I think Chad was 225 in 6th Grade. Thats a big ole boy. When I was fishing I asked him if he played some ball fully expecting to hear he was an all state tight end or something. He indicated he only played basketball. His mom didnt let him play football saying she didnt want him to get hurt. ME thinks she was protecting the rest of the kids :smile2: Maybe he got that big pulling in that anchor of his :smile2:

18. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Shoot Josh, I believe you got me by a few pounds or 30:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::big_smile::smile2::smile2::smile2:, and cuz my mom just loved me and didt want to see her baby get hurt:angry::angry::angry: still give her crap about it to this day, i told her i could have been playing pro ball right now, but instead i am working nights building stuff...not a bad lving but i like the millions of dollars that the pros make better.

19. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cuz, chad go the baby anchor when we made them, I had one a little bigger. one of my fishing partners took out my boat and he couldnt pull it up and lost it. Keep an eye on the market, maybe you'll see the anchor being sold as the BIG UGLY. Can we count on you to buy it, Not only will your boat hold, you will also get a bicep workout. Thats our niche.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Chad probably hard to understand but I'd thank yo mama lol

I had the same dream as a kid to play pro ball. 14 years of full contact football landed me nothing but 3 knee surgeries, 1 shoulder surgery, to many broken bones an stitches to remember. I wish I had to do all over again as I would have most definitely stuck with baseball. The arthritis every winter is pretty brutal. Most of my Ol high school an college teamates report the same problems. It just isn't worth it. I'm doing my best to keep Jack from being interested in it. Besides I don't have any doubts you'll be successfull in your chosen career. If you and Josh keep liftn those anchors you'll be able to compete with rat on the ironman competition lol