Great fishing trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by master_cat, Jul 10, 2007.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i went and met up with jw this weekend and me and jw and a friend of mine we had a blast we all cought a fish this was a first for me on blues tryin to learn how to catch them i thought is was so cool to watch that rod tip burry itself into the water wow wat power a ohio river blue has now im trying my hardest to catch them in the cumberland id like to thank jw agin for the wonderful time hope to do it agin real soon

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like you had a great time! How big where the fish? Any pics?

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well congrats to you Brent.....

4. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I talked to JW on the phone and he told me you all had a great time,, I made my trip up there saturday before last and we didn't catch any fish, But I sure had fun and got to meet Dan and his son, plus fish with JW, That Ohio river is something else, That was my first time fishing on it, and I plan on going back up there in the winter ,,,,

5. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Tom it was nice meeting you. Hopefully next time you are in these parts the fish will be biting. Brent, next time you are this way, maybe I won't have to work that weekend and we can get another boat on the water. Tom, let me know when the bite starts to pick up in your area. I would like to make a trip down that way and do some Cumberland river fishing.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It was great to have you guys up for the weekend. I am glad the fish were cooperating saturday, LOL!!! You guys are more than welcome to come up and fish with me anytime. I had a blast!!!
    As for how many we caught: We caught 12, ranging from 6 to 14.8lbs., we even had a triple that night but, someone had to take the pic, lol!!!. Trevor caught 8, Brent caught 2, and....... Ya, I did manage to cacth 2 as well, LOL!!

These two guys are very eager to learn how to catch these big river blues. As far as I can tell they did pretty good for themselves.
    Below are some pics of a few of the fish that were caught.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Here a couple more!!!
    Fortunatly we didn't have time to take pics of all of them, LOL!!!

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have to fix something, OOOOOPS!!!! The largest fish caught was 18.7 lbs it is the one I have marked 14.8, sorry, CRS is getting me, LOL!!!

9. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you guys had a great time, thanks for the pics of the nice blues JW. You guys keep it up!!

10. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    yea we had a great time with jw he is a skilled fishermen has lots to knowledge to share i learned a lot gonna try the mean cumberland this weekend to see if it will give up a few fish lol

11. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    great great weekend

12. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Dan I would like for us to have a day in the winter and maybe start a thread so's everybody that wants to join us can get out there With us, Have one saturday where we fish the Cumberland, Then have another day where we fish the Mighty Ohio, I know we would all have a great time and if we can get it together I'll have you a seat reservered in my boat,

13. x575599

x575599 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like ya'll had a great time on the water. Nice fish and thanks for sharing.

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice fish guys.