Great Fish Story

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Master_Taxidermist, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Master_Taxidermist

Master_Taxidermist New Member

State:
    OK
    A couple of friends and I went back to the Lower Illinois.:0a22: We lauched the boat, run a couple hundred yards and seen shad flip. We shut her down, and got the net out. Randy wound up and casted. He couldn't hardly pull the net back in the boat. :crazy: Literally a couple of hundred shad in a 6 foot net. We had shad all over the deck of the boat. We started grabbing and chunking shad over board. Stripers started rolling up on the shad right beside the boat as they went over board. Excitement!:big_smile_2: We threw out the anchor, baited up, and threw our lines out. FISH ON! FISH ON! Then from the back of the boat, I hear a few explitives.:what: Ronnie had forget to push the button on his reel. Pole over board, and gone...:sad2:
    After 2 hours we liked 1 fish from a limit. BAM! Randy gets nailed. Sets the hook, and the fight is on. Our limit is on the way. Then, the striper gets wrapped in some timber. He's hung up.:angry: He gives it a couple of good tugs, and it comes free. He says it got off, but I got the limb. Then, the limb starts pulling. I've still got him he says. As he pulls it up next to the boat, Ronnie's rod and reel pops up. Randy has snagged Ronnie's rod from 2 hours earlier. Randy has no fish. Ronnie has a fish. :crazy: Yep! The fish that stole Ronnie's rod is still hooked. Randy unhooked Ronnie's rod, and Ronnie finished landing his fish. The culprit was only a 5 pounder. He weighed 20 plus for 2 hours.:smile2:
    We caught our limit. 5 - 11 pounds.
    What a day...:byebye:

2. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Wow is all I can say to that. What a day!

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    sounds exiting...keep up on the good fishing

4. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    Man that was a great day! Thanks for takin us along for the ride, that was a good story!

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good post of a great day. Thanks.

6. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    ONE OF THE BEST STORIES IVE HERD!IVE SEEN THE STRIPERS LIKE THAT ONECE ITS UNREAL ITS LIKE THE BOAT DOESNT EXIST ALL THEY SEE IS FOOD.
    IM NOT FAMILLIAR WITH THE LOWER ILLINOIS ANY ONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHERE THIS IS I MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE A TRIP!

7. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    i think hes talking about where it flows into the arkansas river down below webber falls in oklahoma

8. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    Congrats on the catch. It sounds like you all had a good day.

9. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Great story. We had Catfish pull a few in this year. Not lucky enough to get ours back.

10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Man roger...I can't believe you have resorted to STRIPER fishing:eek:oooh: You have gone off the deep end son:tounge_out::smile2: But it was a good story:wink:

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Come on big sam, give them boys a break:wink: at least they was catchin somethin:eek:oooh:

12. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    That is a great story, whats the chances of catching that rod back? not very likely:smile2:

13. Master_Taxidermist

Master_Taxidermist New Member

State:
    OK
    Sam-
    I'm saving all of my catfish tactics/luck for next weekend. With gas at $3.10/gallon, we're going to have to make some money down there. :embarassed: I'm gathering up everything from Pigs Feet to Wheaties for bait.
    You think we can just hook my boat behind yours, and Johnny and I can ride in the bed of your truck.:tounge_out: Just call us Team Squeaky!:smile2:

14. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    That was a very interesting read and what luck!!!!!:big_smile: Sounds like a dream day to me. Catching bait, stripers hitting the culls as you pitch them in, immediately into fish and limiting out. Not to even mention catching that rod. Wow.

15. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    sounds like a great fisin day...

16. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    sounds like a once in a life time experence, and a lot of fun.

17. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Hey little mac....we was just talking about you the other day:eek:oooh: Wondering how your doing? Glad to see ya posting. Are ya well enough to fish yet?

18. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Man, a great story. I`m glad to hear some good fishin stories. I hav`t had one in a while.
    I am re-motivated!! Is that a word?