Great day on the Tn river

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cathooker, May 14, 2009.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    On Wed 5/13 Puddle Jumper and I put in at riverpark on the upper Nickajack lake and ran up to the dam. We got a tank full of bait and went searching for the fish. We FOUND EM!!! I caught blues that weighed 53(PB),52,30,29,20,15,14 and a couple of smaller ones. I also caught a 14 lb drum and a 16 lb drum plus an 8 lb flathead. Puddle Jumper caught several blues in the 5 to 15lb range, 40 or so bull bream with one 11 inch cracker and one 10 inch bream, his PB channel cat (on 4lb line and a wax worm), crappie, three or four drum up to 20 lbs. The bite was on fire. We used shad, skipjack, and wax worms. On this trip I used my brand new Puddle Jumper custom made blue cat catfish rod and it performed beautifully! Thanks PJ for the great rod.
    (eat ya heart out Pete)

5/14...OOOHHH what a difference a day makes. The bite was off and the shad was non existant but we did manage a couple of big drum, several blues in the 3 to 14 pound range, 15 or so bream, a couple of small flatheads and a couple of channel cats.

Attached Files:

2. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    More pics of the trip.

Attached Files:

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    more pics of the trip.

Attached Files:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    FANTASTIC!!!! Thanx for sharein the ride. LOL!

5. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    LOOKS like a great day fishing.. When we going again

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, what a great report! Congrats to both of you and thanks for the awesome pictures!

7. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Looks like great days on the lake. I've often thought about driving up to give Nickajack a try. It's not a whole lot further to drive than Lake Weiss or the Coosa River for me.

Bill

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow! :crazy: Everything is big in the Tn. River! :cool2: Great report and pics Alan! :big_smile:

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It sounds like you caught the great fish. Congrats and good report.

Danny

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Alan why rub it in on the rod? But Guess who has a 7'9" Graphite blank heading to Puddle Jumper Custom rods as we speak? Yes me, theres 2 of them heading that way now..
    So keep your old sorry rod, sure wish they would have had an extra blank like it for me.

Great catch there buddy I know when I talked with john that night he told me it was a great trip. Pictures prove it was better then a great trip. Nice fish sure hope the fishing can keep getting better there also. I know at pickwick with the 34" Rule our big fish are picking back up again.
    Nice safety float you have on that Boga Grip, keep it safe and sound if John drops it. LOL
    Thanks for rubbing in the New Rod. But best of all for allowing each and everyone of us to go along on the trip. As posting pictures like this does that. It allows us to enjoy the trip also.
    Now I'm sure John did not tell you he may be heading west to fish here for a few days? Sure hope we can have half as good a day as that .While I wear out my new rod also.
    Pete

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Blue, Alan.

12. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
  13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member