Great day on the lake sat. 9/27

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, Sep 28, 2008.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    The wife and i went to angels landing sat. and had a great time. we also carried our little weiner dog with us. She sure likes to go fishing with us. We went out about 8 a.m and drifted till about 1:30 or so. the wind was not on our side with only .1 or .2 mph. We caught 5 fish total all about 6 to 8 lbs. also Missed 2 good ones. I think they short bit and just didn't get the hook. the fish came in 18 to 25 ft. of water on gizzard shad. all and all it was a great trip. our dog also had a blast and by the end of the day had slime from her muzzle to her neck. wish i could teach her to reel them in or dipnet them! LOL.

GARY:smile2:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Gary. Winds were pretty light yesterday. I elected to go on the salt, but almost wish I had gone to the lakes instead.

3. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Fished out of Angels Sunday. got six fish one 18 lb blue rest in 2 to 5 lb range with two of three smaller ones being channel. Herring cut bait drifting. Caught them in about 20 ft of water but it was coming up out of deep water when they hit. Wind was slow you barely moved. Water temp was 73 degrees. Fished with my son and 6 year old grandson. I never held rod with fish on it but it was mighty fine day. Grandson caught two and one was on his rocket fishing pole. Resting today may try them again tomorrow.

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I just finished cooking a big pot of "Blackwaterkatz" Catfish stew recipe. It was awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us.:smile2:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a nice time with the wife, congrats and good luck with future outings

6. Wayne Couick

Wayne Couick New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good luck! Hope you all have a Great weekend. Catch some Big ones and let us know how it went.:smile2:

7. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

Nice day, were are you fishing at?