Great day on the chick 7-19-07

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by foodsaver, Jul 19, 2007.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    well guys today was a great day. I went up to the nuke plant to try my luck on the big fish that seem to have dodged me so far this year. I checked the generation schedule.... Not running full blast until 2:00 so thats when I decided to get there. So I pull up to the spot about 2:45 and have all my lines rigged and in the water by 3:08 ( I give each spot 30 minutes after baiting up everything) Well around 3:09 the storm clouds roll in hot and heavy lots of thunder and lightning and rain, but none of it where I am sitting I could see the rain and every now and again there would be some light rain but mostly it was just cool and breezy. at almost 4:00 the rod in the back of the boat goes down and somehow manages to get jammed in the rod holder and the fish manages to get off. It was a good fish so I was pretty annoyed but thats how it goes. I move about 15 ft away and put the lines out at 4:45 5 minutes later I hook a good fish (george of the nuke plant fame) He immediately got tangled up in something down there and I thought oh crap here we go again, but thanks to my 65 lb power pro I am able to give george an attitude adjustment and he comes up wallowing all around the boat. I forgot the net so I had to go in with the lip grippers and he slipped out and I had to go after him again. I finally got him in the boat and weighed him and he was right at 43 lbs. I only had a couple of little dinks after that bite and they were too small to get the bait. When I go fishing I am just fine with there only being 1 fish as long as its a good fish like that!

Attached Files:

2. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Thats a nice fish Craig! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    That is a really nice fish buddy, congratulations on catching ole George. Judy and I hope to get up to the nuke plant one of these days soon.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice Blue Cat Craig!:big_smile::cool2:

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Good job Craig. I know that battle was exciting. I'm gonna go get George's granny in the morning.
    Thanks for sharing.

Cheez

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    What a fish! Congrats.

7. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    NICE FISH THANKS FOR THE PICS:0a31:

8. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you guys want to meet me up there sometime I can show you some good places to try.

9. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    Thats a dandy fish Craig. Thanks for sharing you pictures of ol George.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats Craig!

11. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That's a nice fish there. Grats!!! Thanks for sharin the photos too.

12. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Craig, I really do appreciate that buddy. We have never fished there before and would sure appreciate you showing us a few spots or the general vicinity to try. If all goes well we may try to make it up there in the morning sometime. Not sure how earily we will get there though. If you are there we will be in a black and gray metal flake Bass Hawk with a camo motor the camo looks like dried cane. Thanks again Craig.

13. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Jim I will be there tomorrow. Look for the brown G3 center console with the Yamaha 90 and two really big guys with bent fishing rods. We will get there early and leave around lunch time but if you come by I will put you on a hole or two.

Cheez

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    John, we hope to see you there with your feet against the side of the boat to keep the fish from pullin you in.LOL

15. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry I didnt get out today. I am going to take the wife tubing tomorrow so I won't make it that far up. I am going to be out of town next weekend so that won't work but here before too long I would be glad to tag along with you guys in your boat and put you on some fish. I would offer to take you in my boat but its a little uncomfortable with 3 people.

16. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Got out today as planned but the big bite eluded us. We ended up with 2-8's,4-5's and a bunch of 2 to 3 pounders. Broke the new rod into 3 clean pieces on a hangup but all in all it was a good day.

Cheez

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Craig, we didn't make it today either, we both have felt rougher than a corn cob today. We will keep touching base with you and when you get the time we will take you up on that offer buddy. Thanks again Craig.

John, are you talking about that new rod you just bought? Man I sure hate that you broke a rod but if it is that new one that really is terrible. I sure am sorry that we didn't get to meet you in person today but the good Lord willing we will soon. Good job on catching all them fish.