great day on moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, May 27, 2008.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    My wife and i carried my dad fishing saturday and did pretty well. We put in at Angels and fished in around 21 to 26 feet of water. the wind wasn't blowing at first and was hard to drift but picked up slightly shortly after. We caught 5 fish total. My dad never caught a catfish of any size so when he reeled in a 28 lb. blue he was tickled. this fish was his P.B and i was so glad to be part of it. My wife also got her new P.B. at 31 lb. the other 3 fish went 8 to 12 lb. We headed to the hill about 12:00 because the waves were about 4ft. and the wife was freaking out. We used shad cut into 3 pieces for bait. Not a bad haul for 3 hrs. of fishing but even if we didn't catch a thing it still would have been a great time because i got to spend time with my dad!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

GARY

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats to your dad and wife on new PB's. Any time we can spend on the water with family is a good thing. I bet the time your dad spent with you really made his day.:wink: Good job!

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report iceman. Sounds like a great trip for sure!

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go! I'm glad that you all had a great time catchin' fish, and especially that you got to spend time with your Dad. Hooray for both of you :big_smile:

5. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you for the remembering of a fishing trip with your Dad. I can assure that it will be a memory for him forever. Most of all I will asure you that it will remain a memory that you can and will recall whenever you need. I hope you and your Dad get at least a 100 more trips.

Mr.Whiskr

6. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on those PBs. Not bad for 3 hrs of fishing.