Great day on CJ 8-13-06

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Doctor, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Got a real late start to the lake on Sunday, didn't get there till almost 1 oclock and the weekend warriors were churning the water to a froth in fact never pulled a Shad from my beloved wall.

Went back to the North end and saw the gulls dropping along the East bank, rolled up in there and got 2 dozen in 4 foot of water, saw them schooling along in that clear green water.

Wind was out of the East so just started drifting in that area, got out to my favorite spot and the bobbers started going down I ran out of bait at 6pm but had boated 31 Channels, very first one was 8# and he was the largest most of the others were from 2# on up, had 3 that tipped the scales at 7#

Just hope this bite stays hot for the gathering this coming weekend.......Doc

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congratualtions Doc , Man it was tuff here yesterday to find any shad anywhere , but we had a semi - cold front that I think dropped the fish deeper.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the Call Doc, yall sure did well. Wish they are biting that well next weekend. See ya then!!

4. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like ya'll wore 'em out! Congrats to a great day of fishing.

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats Doc on a great day of fishing!

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Doc, congrats on a great day. We did some bank fishing on the Ohio river Sat night at Rayland marina. The cats just were not hitting good at all. We ended up with 1 12lb flathead and 1 5lb channel.

7. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    wolfman,

I miss fishing in that area, lots of Flatheads and big Channels, gas prices forced us to limit our trips to the river and stay closer to home, plus losing a whole nights sleep is real tough..........Doc

8. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on the nice catch there Doc, the catch down here has been terrible beacause of the drought we are in. hope you guys have some good luck for your gathering you are haiving next weekend.

9. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Here's my trails for CJ Brown this past weekend, I was drifting all the time, wind changed direction on me three different times, I don't have a trolling motor on my boat so I'm at the mercy of the wind, the areas that you see fish but no trail marks, those are different colors that didn't show up on the recorder, not sure why, but as you can see spot 018 is a major hotspot, that area all around is a gravel bar surrounded by muddy bottom, with stumps, that is why I mainly fish it with bobbers to keep from getting hung up, water depth is five foot, I could anchor down but I'm trying to learn this drifting technique and get it down good when the wind was blowing from East to West is when I was on the hot bite........Doc

Attached Files:

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks for the post Doc. That trails map is the BOMB! I have a LMs339c Df IGPF and I think it has that feature,But I'm just to STUPID to figure it out. naver got into all this tecno nerd stuf before so I am at a real Disadvantage Just like this computer. Man there are so many things that I would like to do like post Pic and all but I am haveing a tough time trying to figure out how to do it. I Just sorta feal helpless just like my spelling it was never my strong point in school. Now Girls that was a differen't story LOL.Now I am a Master meatcutter and as good as there is around been doing it for 40 years, and i can make over 200 different kinds of sausage run any kind fo smokehouse from the old draft style to the big 20 truck vortrands or kochs all humidity controled no problem but this Sonar and GPS and Computers thats a whole nether world to me. Oh well so much for my ramblings. thank you for the post I have leanned so much from you And I thank you for your help.Rep. points to you Sir. Your Friend and Brother From Iowa. J.D.Straka

11. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Great info will have to try it out next time im that way.Nice haul also