Great Day on Buckeye Lake ...!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RetiredToFish, May 14, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    On Tuesday, May 13, TSPERGIN Joined me on a trip to Buckeye Lake. We drift fished a few hours and were constantly at the mercy of the wind. It kept changing directions, then dying completey and then giving us a gentle push. All in all it was an enjoyable day landing 8 channels, the largert about 4 pounds and lost several more. Still trying to get all of the bugs worked of my motor ... so hope next trip will be even better .... Garry- :big_smile:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a good trip Garry and Tony. I'm glad Tony was able to get out again also. He's a heck of a guy!!! I've met him a couple times and can't wait to meet you either Garry!!!:wink:
    Thanks for sharing!!!:big_smile::wink:

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    congrats on a good trip

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the trip, and glad to hear tony is out and about. sounds like your doing well ..rollo

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear that you had your self a fun time and the fishing was productive for you, thank you for sharing your catches with us, sounds like there biting good your way and good luck to you here on out and hope ya catch some more.

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I for got to mention in my original post that we were using cut shad and shrimp ... stopped at a couple stores to buy some hotdogs, but everyone kept telling us that a guy by the name of Gary had bought all of them ... Tony and I are still trying figure out who that might be ..... :wink::wink: Garry-

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I just wanted to thank Gary for taking me along at Buckeye,the fishing could have been better,but due to a real bad fog we went later than planned and when they shut off they shut off lol,Thanks again Gary,sorry about all the fish that had to be cleaned,but I am sure that you will get good use of them

8. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    Congrats on the fish.Always good to hear other brothers are catching the cats!

9. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Congrats on the fish and good trip guys!

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a nice day of fishing!:big_smile:

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats guys.sounds like some good grub

12. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats, i think im going to have to try some lake fishing if this weather doesn't make a change for the better:angry:

13. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well at least you all had a good time and caught some fish

14. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yes Brian, it was a good time .... even if we hadn't caught any fish .... besides they still call it fishing not catching .... LOL .... And a bad day fishing is still much better than a good day working ....... :wink: Garry-

15. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I couldnt agree more Gary