Great Day Even For A Rookie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Cat Hunter, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We went down to Monty this morning about 7:30. We Started off the morning with an 10.2 lber. The day just got better from there. We ended up with a 40.6 , 32 , 7 , 6 , and 6 fish in the 1 - 3 pound range. Not a bad day of fishing even for a beginner. Thanks again to fightindablues guide service for teaching me so much. Every one of the fish were caught and released successfully. :wink:

Attached Files:

2. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    glad you had a good trip.

3. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    WTG ! If it stays cool I might be able to talk the wife or kids into a trip over there , I only live aboumy ht 15 min away in Little Mountain , alot of yall pass my house on the way there

4. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    btw Randy , are by chance any kin to a guy that use to work at VC Summer , Bill Fox?use to work in the Maint shop & I worked a outage with him over there in '81 , We called Him "Big Daddy Bill Fox " I think he lived in Saluda or Somewhere on the "other side of the lake" from me ( Murray that is )

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Excellent trip, Randy!!! What'cha use for bait ( and don't say crickets - that's one of Cap'n Chris's answers) :big_smile:

6. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    No. It was grasshoppers soaked in creole seasoning! Learned that one from Beaufort!!!!!

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear ya big daddy. Now we all have to know did you or Amanda catch the big one?

8. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sorry Allen. I am not kin to bill fox. I can see why you would think so with a name like big daddy bill.:smile2:

9. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    I heard a rumor that they ALL were caught on freeze dried wax worms ...Although We only use pickled ones ourselfs LOL ( just teaseing ya Patman!!):big_smile:

10. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    See there. There you go with the Dieter jokes!:smile2: Amanda had to work. Nice try though.:smile2:

11. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Poor me had to work. He substituted me for his daddy. Don't worry I will pay him back for that one.:wink:

12. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Boy oh boy them some good looking fish congrats Randy good job. I wish I new u was there I would came and said hey.

13. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Brandon. I wish we could had met up and exchanged hellos. Maybe next time.

14. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I think I might could have got another bigun today but all I had was bream and 1 lg mouth bass about 8inches which had a biguns name all over it but when I casted it out it hit the bimmi top and went flyin off my hook. Got luv them lg mouth bass the best bait around sometimes.

15. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Those bimmi tops are bad about that but are good on a hot day!:wink:

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats on a successful day and thanks for posting the pics!

17. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on a great catch!!!

18. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    so does this mean that big mon is finally making it's "turn" and gonna get good again...a couple more reprts like this and i'm gonna have to give greenwood a break and make the drive to monty...man congrats on a great day of fishing...hard to go back to work after a trip like that.

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man that was one awesome day fishing. I bet Mrs Amanda was upset she had to work. Sounds to me like you went from rookie to pro in no time. I still havent broke the 40lb blue mark. Congrats!

20. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Randy is sharp, eager to learn and picks up on things quick, thats why I'm not surprised to see this report.:big_smile: