Great Day catching Big Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Cattoo, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i just got back from fishing below the cannelton dam on the ohio river. i had the best bluecat day ever! caught a 52, 32, 17 and 8 pounder!! caught them all on cut shad(except the 32# er, caught him on the guts) . they were caught in about 70 foot of water in a current break fishing off the bank. i released the two big fish( pics will be here as soon as they are developed, sorry havent got a digital yet) and would have released the 17#er but he was bleeding pretty bad. i was the only person there catfishing. everyone else was sauger fishing. seems like most people dont realize cats bite good this time of year. oh well. i always catch big blues pushing 30#s every year in this same spot but havent had a day like this. i did have a day in may in the same spot. caught a 46(which was my previous best) and a 30+. so if you guys have any good dams close, i highly recomend checking them out soon!!! and one more thing, do any of you guys believe in fishing angels? let me explain. the same guy who helped me net my fish and take pics when i caught thoes good fish back in may, was there again today helping me out again. and check this out, his name is jimmy hedricks!! i swear!!!

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Bad, great catch man, Sure would like to see those pictures. :D

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Great day bad, You better take ol jimmy every time with you, or at least a cd lol.

4. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    sound like a great day fishing, hope to have one like that real soon.

5. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

BAD 3087
    great job,if it would have been me i would have said,WHAT A YEAR I HAD,
    as far as the angel goes do we have the phone #of the cloud he lives on?
    KIRK :thumbsup:

6. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Holy crap, that is awesome man. Those river fish kick your butt !!! they fight big time ; and fish that size kill ya, man I wish we have rivers out here ! Awesome dude !

7. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Way to go Bad, Going to hit McApline here in Louisville this weekend. Hope to have the same luck. Way to go!!!