Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish below Bagnell Friday in the rain from 9am til about 2pm. Shattered my personal best blue cat and total weight in the same day. Caught 85+lbs of fish myself, I couldn't believe it. We went down there to get on the whites and hybrids but had little luck, so we caught some huge shad and tried a little catfishing. All I had were my bass rods with 14lb test mono. It was a blast.

Best blue on rod and reel before was 11lbs, this fish weighed 49lbs 7 hours after it was caught.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nice! That's one of the biggest ones I've seen come from below Bagnell. Were you anchored or drifting? I've never spent much time fishing that side of the river in your picture, but I remember one time when I was younger a bank fisherman with a surf rod haul three nice blues in a row out by those pilings.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! That's one of the biggest ones I've seen come from below Bagnell. Were you anchored or drifting? I've never spent much time fishing that side of the river in your picture, but I remember one time when I was younger a bank fisherman with a surf rod haul three nice blues in a row out by those pilings.

We were anchored just off the 75yard line. Water was pushing us twords the dam so we needed 2 anchors to hold us still.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fish below Bagnell Friday in the rain from 9am til about 2pm. Shattered my personal best blue cat and total weight in the same day. Caught 85+lbs of fish myself, I couldn't believe it. We went down there to get on the whites and hybrids but had little luck, so we caught some huge shad and tried a little catfishing. All I had were my bass rods with 14lb test mono. It was a blast.

Best blue on rod and reel before was 11lbs, this fish weighed 49lbs 7 hours after it was caught.
Thats a pig great fish!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I think I'm gonna go for an all nighter this Friday up there. Anybody else going to be up there? I'll be in a 1648 jon with a 50hp Yamaha jet ont he back with a rod rack and four driftmasters on the back. If plans change, I might go Saturday night...just depends when the girlfriends wants to goto the movies this weekend.

One of my buddies, his girlfriend and grandpa are going up there today to fish. I'll post a report whenever I hear from them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be down there around midnight tonight. I get off work in Jeff City at 11pm so I'm already halfway there. I'll be in a 16 foot Lowe deep V with a 70hp Merc. We'll be switching up between catfishing and bow fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.