The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! ( and thanks for all the tips and advice!)

Mr Bush Hog was kind enough to invite me on a trip to Truman tailwaters/Osage river last Friday to show me the ropes of drift bumping for blues....After a 2 hour rain delay (mostly lightening), we headed out. He was a gracious host and positioned us perfectly !!!- we caught about a half-dozen blue cats, all 3-4lbs in size on cut asian carp chunks and then he topped out with a nice 8-10lbr (I'll let him post that photo :biggrin1:). Though fishing was slow, we also got into some small white/hybrid stripers too- lots of action though very small- ;). We chatted awhile after we got back in the afternoon, then traveled home (for each of us about 90-120 minutes away respectfully). ...... well, after I got back, I was already rigged up, so went to a close local spot for the rest of the day/night with live bluegill. I caught some very nice channels, and a 16lb flathead!... All 3 in one day!! (in the IGFA that would be a grand slam; I've asked them to consider adding slams for catfish (yes, I'd have to include bullheads, Wels, etc) and panfish-there are more of us than the trout and saltwater anglers I believe and just as popular!- we will see!. Then to top it off, a nice spotted bass!!..All in all a great day, and now I have some itchins for river fishin!......Thanks again to Bushhog!!!.............
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
Slide7.JPG
Slide9.JPG
Slide10.JPG
Slide11.JPG
Slide12.JPG

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Great job. Don’t know how else you can beat a day like that. I guess you could try and catch a few more species lol

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
864 Posts
Congrats on an action packed day.

I caught 9 different species in one morning one time. It was crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts