GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MOSSY OAK FISHING LINE-Please Read!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 3, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    All too often we hear about the negative remarks or service from compaines, tonight I have not just a good story but a GREAT story. I recently got some Mossy Oak Brand fishing line. So far I think the quality is very good and to me it seems just as good if not better than Berkley Big Game. I have only tried the 15# line so far. I figured that I would contact the line company to see who made the line & info such as that. Below is part of the email that I sent. (This is the line I won in the BOC Giveaway)

I am a Catfisherman from Ohio. Recently I got a 660yard dispencer pack of 15# test. (We usually use 30#, but this is for Channel Cats). So far I really love this line.

Question #1
    What is the largest size you make?

Question #2
    The new "Buck Brush" for '07: Is it Mono or a Super Line? I am hoping mono, it sounds good. What type of price is this going to have on it?

Question #3
    Who is the actually maker of the line? I am sure that someone else makes the line & your company markets it, right?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Again, I am super happy w/ the 15# line. If all goes well & you have the line (weight wise) that I need. I could see me switching to this line on all my reels. I will spread the word.

Now here is the reply email that I got. (Yes they actually replied, which is more than Shakesphere has done in either of the TWO emails I have sent in the past asking about Red Caujin line.)

Bryan,

To start things off I would like to thank you for purchasing and giving our line a try. We think we have the best mono on the market today and we need people like you to spread the word.

To answer some of your questions: the largest size we make in the Classic is 30#. We have it in Lo-vis green, lo-vis clear, and clear/blue fluorescent. At this time Wal-Mart is only carrying the green. If you would like to purchase the other colors you can go to our website and it will direct you to a site where you can buy.

The Buckbrush line was originally slated to be a braid but we are no longer going to do this due to legal reasons with the Trademarking. We are working on several new products for 2007 which we hope to be released in the next few months.

To answer your last question, we do make the line ourselves. We have our on chemist and pro-staff who are constantly working on improving our products. Our fishing line is 100% made and spooled in the USA.

Again I thank you for your interest. If you will send me your address and spread the word about our product we would like to show you some appreciation by sending you a free spool of 660yd of your choice.

Thanks again and I wish you best of luck on your fishing expeditions,

Keith Nesmith
    VP
    Mossy Oak Fishing Line
    keith@mossyoakfishingline.com

THIS IS BEYOND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, I wish all companys were like that.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Good deal Mellon, If more companies were like that I think it would help their sells and their product needs.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Fantastic I was going to try some of thier line but wasnt to sure about it maybe next time I respool I will try thier line out. Stren treated me real good a few years back I bought a line they just came out with and was not happy with it they sent me a replacement line twice as much as I bought and had no problems with it. Like hearing good things about companys.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It's nor often you get that kind of reply from a company.

6. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mellon, now that you have that free line, maybe you can get JW or DH to get you a free ticket to the place you love to fish the most, you know that special P--L---. I'm not really going to post this <ops my finger slipped>.....:embarassed: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: :confused2: ...........oh-well,sorry buddddy........

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Good post Mellon, now you can get some of the 30 lb and tell us how it is.

8. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    yeah thats great customer servces I'll have to try some

9. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Awesome! I didn't think there were any companies out there that cared enough to send an actual response these days! I'm gonna pick up some of their line next time I'm at Walmart and give it a shot, myself.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if the 30# is good, I'm chaning to it after I run out of big game, or heck maybe even before!

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Update: 6/5/06

Mossyoak Fishing Line Did NOT Send Me A Free 660 Yard Of 30# Test Line......

They Sent Me TWO FREE 660 YARD SPOOLS! :lol: plus a free truck sticker!

WOW.

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Gosh Mellon, they didn't even know who you was until you contacted them. Now Mossy Oak's will probably be blaming you for everything that goes wrong for them also. Sigh.

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds great and I need sone new line. Right on time.

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That line will have the uncanny ability to become untied at the hook, now that Mellon is using it!

15. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Mellon, how about you donating one of those spools to the BOC for a STAR member giveaway. Anyone else think he should do this?

16. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    just dropped Keith at Mossy Oak an email to let him know that the way MO treated you has changed my mind on the next line i'll buy. Thanks for letting us know about this, nice to hear about a company that cares.

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

I've got some braided line that I am trying to have a STAR Giveaway for. It's just sitting on the shelf for now.

18. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mellon, I was just trying to mess with you about the giveaway, but since you're generous enough to donate some braid, that will work too.

Sounds like M.O. treated you very well. I hope the new line works for you.

BTW, I was wondering if they carry it in camo patterns? :lol:

19. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Impressed me. Now how do you like the 30lb? I need to change some line and am going to try M.O.
    Thanks for the post.

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the 30# just as good as the 15#. I have it planned to go ahead & respool all my Abu 7000's w/ it & I hav ebrand new Big Game on a couple of them, but I want to give MO every chance I can so the big game is cmong off!